Get Help from An Electrician Immediately If You Spot These Problems

electrician Christchurch

If you’ve ever noticed your light switches flickering or other electrical problems in your home, it’s time to call the best electrician Service in Christchurch city area has to offer. You see, small issues can quickly turn into big ones if not addressed early on. But what are some of the things that should be on your radar?

In this blog post, we’ll share with you common signs of electrical problems so that you know what to look for and can get help right away:

Signs to Call an Electrician

Flickering Lights

If your light fixtures are flashing on and off, this is a sign of loose connections. Make sure that all the wiring is connected tightly to the fixture and that there aren’t any exposed wires. If this problem persists, you should call an electrician immediately.

A Flickering Light can be a sign of serious problems with your electrical system

if you notice flickering lights in your home or office, it’s a good idea to have them checked out by an electrician Christchurch as soon as possible.

A flickering light can be a sign of serious problems with your electrical system, including shorts and wiring issues that could lead to fire hazards or electrocution if left unaddressed for too long!

Electric Shock

If you experience an electric shock, it can cause serious injuries or death. You should immediately call an electrician to check if your wiring is faulty and needs to be repaired. You should also look for any signs of water damage to electrical equipment, as this could indicate a problem with your house’s plumbing system.

In addition, you should look for broken wires in the walls or ceiling, as well as faulty appliances that may have caused the shock.

If any of these things are found after an incident involving electricity, it is best to call in professional help right away instead of trying to fix the problem yourself.

Bad Smell and Sparks

electrician Christchurch

If you notice a bad smell and/or sparks, it’s important to call an electrician immediately. If not dealt with quickly and properly, these problems can turn into more serious ones that can cause fires. In addition, electricity can cause shock or burns if exposed directly to your body.

Burning Rubber Smell from Outlets or Switches

If you smell burning rubber around your outlets or switches, it could be an indication of a short circuit. When this happens, the electricity passes through the wires too quickly and blends with other types of energy to create heat.

The most common causes are worn-out outlet or switch terminals, frayed wiring that touches metal objects in the outlet box, or broken insulation on wires in contact with each other.

To prevent fires and serious injury:

Turn off all power to the circuit breaker (or fuse box) that supplies power to where you smell burning rubber. If you don’t know how to do this yourself, call an electrician immediately—you might need help from an expert before someone gets hurt!


If you smell burning rubber or see sparks coming from your outlets, it’s time to call an electrician Christchurch-wide. These are both signs of faulty wiring that could lead to a fire in your home or business.

If you notice flickering lights or bad smells coming from switches or outlets, get them checked out immediately because these may also indicate electrical problems.